Monday, July 14, 2008

The Lady Vs. The Whore

I have not seen a penis other than my own since New Year's Eve.

That took more out of me than admitting that I'm slowly going bald.

I was lamenting this sorry state of affairs last night with my friend D-Man (real name changed to protect the guilty), who has, on the other hand, been averaging about 5-7 different phalluses a week for the past few months. In fact, over a recent late night supper at Cafeteria, I found myself stranded at the table while D-Man hooked up with someone he met on the line for the men's room. In the men's room.

There is absolutely nothing more depressing than being abandoned at Cafeteria, at 3 a.m., staring into a lonely plate of mac 'n' cheese, while your friend is blowing someone in the bathroom.

And, in defense of that little slut, D-Man isn't a "slut" in the proper sense of the word: he doesn't go around hunting for cock. It just comes to him. Like pigs sniffing for truffles, they just pick up his scent. (I use Dior Homme, myself, but must consider switching.)

Now, I wouldn't want any of my gentle readers to think that I admire or envy anyone who gets it on in a space which uses an automatic hand dryer and paper towel dispenser for decor flourish, but my point is that it's been a long, hard dry spell for TJB, and such spontaneous bursts of uncontrollable lust directed towards my person are but a dim memory. In other words, I don't want to give a blow job in the bathroom at Cafeteria. It just would have been nice to be asked. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, as I was discussing this with D-Man, it suddenly hit me: I was Audrey Hepburn to his Marilyn Monroe. D-Man favors tight tee shirts with plunging necklines. I prefer smartly tailored jackets and suits. D-Man has bulging curves. I maintain a sylph-like silhouette. He's been known to use peroxide, for God's sake!

You may admire Audrey, you may put her up on a pedestal and fawn over her impeccable style, but you want to bang Marilyn. Fair enough. But elegant swans need their feathers stroked every now and then, too, y'know. Where are Gregory Peck or William Holden or Cary Grant when you need them?

Because we gays are such a clever, inventive bunch when it comes to fetishes, I briefly flirted with the idea of seeking out someone with a suit fixation. You know, get some action while still looking dapper. Then I thought about having to explain various stains to my already-inquisitive Korean dry cleaning lady, and abandoned the idea.

D-Man tried to soothe me by saying that he'd always envied me, my style, my demeanor, my wardrobe. I replied that he couldn't fit his curvy ass into my wardrobe if he tried.

Involuntary celibacy is a bitch, and consequently, so am I.


TJB


D-MAN

17 comments:

  1. Yes but look at Audrey's love life and then look at Marilyn's.

    It really is quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd take Robbie Wolders over Arthur Miller. But then, I'd probably take Joe DiMaggio over Mel Ferrer.

    As for the Kennedys...no comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes but Audreys last marriage to a younger man lasted to her dying day. Unlike poor Marilyn alone with her booze and pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose it would be asking a bit much to have a devoted younger man PLUS booze and pills!

    Whether or not we actually want "commitment," I think we all have a basic need for companionship of some sort, which can be defined any number of ways.

    At this point, I think I'd be very happy with a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey also had the love of a handsome son...while Marilyn dreamed of having a child.

    So you could adopt...a puppy!

    That's why I have my sweet little French bulldog, Kobey-Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww. I'm sure there's a story behind Kobey-Rose's name, which I'll look forward to hearing eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dearly departed Mother,Rose Kobey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh darlin' - D-man may be Marilyn, you Audrey, but believe me, it could be worse - I'm rapidly turning into mid-70s Shelley Winters.

    And I can't even swim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! With Mr. Muscato by your side and a glamorous seaside locale, I prefer to think that you more strongly resemble a glamorously zaftig, robustly healthy Mrs. Richard Burton, c. 1968.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, all you need a is a better venue, that's all, I think...a more cultured, discriminating audience.


    But oh dear, I hesitate to think who I am like at this point. Maybe Olivia de Havilland in "The Heiress" but without the money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I'll be thinking about a young George Peppard all day long. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, young George Peppard. One never thinks of him that often, but when one does...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jason -- I know. The next time I go to the Met or Carnegie Hall, I'm going to offer my services at intermission.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me know how that turns out...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have the bail money ready.

    "Arrested for prostitution, I can't believe it!"

    "MA! We're innocent!"

    "I know that! I can't believe these stupid cops would think anyone would PAY to have sex with the three of YOU!"

    ReplyDelete