Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Biggest Bitches in Hollywood

Inspired by the recent Divas & Dames Deathmatch over on Planet Fabulon, as well as Boze Hadleigh's indispensible Hollywood Babble-On.



"I don't hate Bette Davis even though the press wants me to. I resent her -- I don't see how she built a career out of a set of mannerisms instead of real acting ability. Take away the pop eyes, the cigarette, and those funny clipped words and what have you got?" - Joan Crawford



"Joan Crawford -- Hollywood's first case of syphillis!" - Bette Davis



"[Barbara Stanwyck]: My favorite American lesbian!" - Clifton Webb



"At the studio, they called her Katharine of Arrogance. Not without reason, as I could tell you -- but why bother? I really have nothing to say about Miss Hepburn which you can print." - Estelle Winwood



"The most beautiful female star in filmdom is Lassie. She transcends all boundaries; she's a totally sincere actress and at once a bitch and man's best friend. With gorgeous hair, yet." - Patsy Kelly

2 comments:

  1. re: Lassie... "she" was actually a he.
    Makes you think, doesn't it?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lassie

    (Although I am loathe to use Wikipedia as a source, I'm far too lazy at the moment to look up other sources.)

    Love the blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very progressive...the first transgender movie star!

    ReplyDelete